The end of the year 2013 is not too far from today and just like last year, Facebook listed the top trends of the year. At the end of every year, big sites like Google and Facebook recap the year by listing the Year in Review.
The Social Network has one of the biggest database of users and the data that comes from the users is significantly helpful. At individual level, Facebook creates a Year in Review page for its users where they can see the most happening updates from them. Facebook also lists the friends which interacted the most with you.
You can check your Year in Review page here.
Conversations happening all over Facebook offer a unique snapshot of the world, and this year was no different. Every day, people post about the topics and milestones that are important to them – everything from announcing an engagement, to discussing breaking news, or even celebrating a favorite athlete or sports team.
Here are the top global trends of the year 2013.
Check-ins Around the World
The places around the world with the most check-ins.
- Argentina: Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires
- Australia: Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), East Melbourne, Victoria
- Brazil: Parque Ibirapuera, São Paulo
- Canada: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Egypt: Sharm el-Sheikh, South Sinai Governorate, Egypt
- France: Disneyland Paris, Marne La Vallée
- Germany: Reeperbahn, Hamburg
- Hong Kong: 香港迪士尼樂園 | Hong Kong Disneyland
- Iceland: Blue Lagoon, Reykjavík, Iceland
- India: Harmandir Sahib (The Golden Temple)
- Italy: Piazza San Marco, Venice
- Japan: 東京ディズニーランド (Tokyo Disneyland), Tokyo
- Mexico: Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City
- Nigeria: Ikeja City Mall, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- Poland: Temat Rzeka, Warsaw
- Russia: Центральный парк культуры и отдыха им. Горького | Gorky Park of Culture and Leisure
- Singapore: Marina Bay Sands
- South Africa: Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- South Korea: Myungdong Street, Seoul
- Spain: Las Ramblas, Barcelona, Catalonia
- Sweden: Friends Arena, Solna
- Taiwan: 花園夜市Tainan Flower Night Market, Tainan City
- Turkey: Taksim Square, Istanbul
- United Kingdom: The 02, London
- United States: Disneyland, Anaheim, California
Most Talked Topics Around the World
Here’s a list of most talked topics around the world.
- Pope Francis
- Royal Baby
- Margaret Thatcher
- Harlem Shake
- Miley Cyrus
- Boston Marathon
- Tour de France
- Nelson Mandela
Top Global Life Events
The most frequent life events of 2013.
- Added a relationship, got engaged or got married
- Ended a relationship
- First met a friend
- Added a family member, expecting a baby or had a baby
- Got a pet
- Lost a loved one
- Got a piercing
- Quit a habit
Below are some statistics about most talked topics in different countries.